Sunday, March 4, 2007

Karaoke - 1st Mar 2007

Evil, evil alcohol....

Or at least that's what my head was saying Friday morning as I definately drank a little bit more than I should once more. I actually think that it's not the amount that I'm drinking becuase I've definately drank more, but the mixing that is causing the bad hangovers. Once more it was a lager, sambucca (not sangria!) and jack daniels mixture that was the source of my friday woes.

It was worth it though (usually is), and I enjoyed the night. Highlight was some lad coming over to me and saying "you're effin brill you are, I didn't know your name was Shaun, mines Shaun too" ... errr, ok, let's leave it at that then :)

Singing wise, one new one tonight: Bad Moon Rising by Creedance Clearwater Revival (see below) and plenty of crowd type songs. Henrietta went down well as did Same Jeans. I did Grace Kelly again at the request of Tina but I'd had a few drinks by then so wasn't my best attempy. Scott did a couple of new ones which were cool, Me Plus One by Kasabian (I'm sure you could do it at the higher pitch ;) ) and Open Your Eyes by Snow Patrol. Strangest moment of the night was a girl who having previously sung Eminem - Mockingbird sang Benny Hills Ernie!! And I thought my range of songs was odd at times!

The complete rundown:

Shaun: Fratellis - Whistle For The Choir
Others: Pink - Who Knew
Others: Rhianna - Unfaithful
Scott: Black Crowes - Jealous Again
Shaun: Creedance Clearwater Revival - Bad Moon Rising
Others: Neil Diamond - Sweet Caroline
Others: Eminem - Mockingbird
Tina & Louise: The Corrs - Angels
Scott: Kasabian - Me Plus One
Others: Sandi Thom - What If I'm Right
Others: Tenacious D - Tribute
Others: Elvis - I Just Can't Help Believing
Tina, Louise & Hayley: Eurythmics - Thorn In My Side
Shaun: Mika - Grace Kelly
Others: Ugly Kid Joe - Everything About You
Others: Sugababes - Ugly
Scott: Cinderella - Gypsy Rose
Others: Meatloaf - Paradise By The Dashboard Light
Tina & Hayley: Lily Allen - Smile
Shaun: The Fratellis - Henrietta
Others: Marty Robbins - Devil Woman
Others: Benny Hill - Ernie
Others: Britney Spears - From The Bottom Of My Broken Heart
Others: Elvis - You Don't Have To Say You Love Me
Scott: Snow Patrol - Open You Eyes
Tina, Louise & Hayley: Dusty Springfield - Son Of A Preacher Man
Others: David Hasselhoff - Jump In My Car
Shaun: The View - Same Jeans

** NEW SONG **

Creedance Clearwater Revival - Bad Moon Rising: Picked this one up when looking for some new songs to help practice my guitar playing with (which is going well by the way, I'll blog about it soon!). Fairly simple song, really enjoyable to do and I think I did it justice. One for the 'will do again' book.

th-th-th-that's all folks...

3 comments:

Tina said...

Thank you for singing Grace Kelly & Henrietta, I thought you made a wonderful job of them. ;-)

Anonymous said...

When are you going to sing Jack again?!

Shaun said...

Next time your up on a thursday dear ;)