Monday, August 20, 2007

Karaoke - 16th August 2007

"When it's time to party we will party hard!" - Andrew WK

I do like a party but unfortunately this week I partied a little too hard and got a little ill in the process (it just hit me!). Still, what's the point of having Fridays off if not to party and get a little drunk eh? :D

Not too bad a night this week from what I remember and it was certainly busier than last weeks ghost pub. Plenty of singers in tonight meant that we didn't get to do even half of what we sang last week but it's the quality not the quantity that counts (or so they say). A couple of country songs for me this week with an old school rap track chucked in for good measure (can't say I don't vary my stuff) and some classics from Scott including the track from where I pinched the beginning quote from for this weeks blog - Andrew WKs - Party Hard. Normally I'd just link to the track here but this is such a top tune (loved it from when it was in Madden 03) that I'm going to embed it right here.



Unfortunately I don't think many people had ever heard it in the hotel which is a shame as it's a real "crank up the volume and party on" type of record. Tempted to have a go at it myself sometime, maybe!

The songs from this week:
  • Shaun: Brad Paisley - Mud On The Tires (new)
  • Scott: INXS - New Sensation (new)
  • Others: Bon Jovi - Living On A Prayer
  • Louise & Hayley: Lily Allen - Smile (8)
  • Others: Johnny Rivers - Secret Agent Man (2)
  • Shaun: Warren G - Regulate (new)
  • Scott: Rolling Stones - Beast Of Burden (new)
  • Others: Tom Jones - It's Not Unusual
  • Others: Meatloaf - Bat Out Of Hell
  • Louise & Hayley: Louise - Stuck In The Middle
  • Others: Madonna - This Used To Be My Playground
  • Others: Tim McGraw - Live Like You Were Dying (2)
  • Others: John Denver - Thank God I'm A Country Boy (2)
  • Others: Billy Idol - Rebel Yell (2)
  • Others: Mariah Carey - Hero (4)
  • Andy: Dire Straits - Money For Nothing (8)
  • Shaun: Brad Paisley - Online (new)
  • Scott: Andrew WK - Party Hard (new)
  • Others: T'Pau - China In Your Hand
  • Louise & Hayley: Madonna - Hung Up
  • Others: LeAnn Rimes - Can't Fight The Moonlight (2)
  • Others: Frankie Vaughn - Green Door
  • Others: Matchbox 20 - Real World
  • Others: The Mavericks - Dance The Night Away
  • Others: Simple Minds - Don't You Forget About Me

This weeks stats:
  • 25 songs sang tonight
  • 16 had not been sung previously this year
  • 9 have been sang already this year (1 of which was also sang last week)
  • There have been 836 songs sung so far this year!


** NEW SONGS **
Brad Paisley - Mud On The Tires

You'd be forgiven for thinking I've lost it a little with all this country music I've been dabbling with but I have to admit that I like some of the stuff that the wife has been brain-washing me with (Scotts words not mine :p). In particular, I do like a lot of the stuff that Brad Paisley does with his injection of comedy lyrics to a not too over the top country beat. Having said all that, this is one of his slower songs but it's still a great one and reached the US Country billboard #1 back in 2004. Went ok and may do again sometime, most likely on a Tuesday :p . do-again-rating: 4/10

Warren G - Regulate

Now this is more like old me. Came across this while browsing through some of my compilation albums and can't believe I've never done it before (found plenty more stuff for next week too! ;) ). Straightforward 90's old school rap (reached #5 in the UK in 1994) which you can't really go wrong with. Great track although I do prefer Warren G's What's Love Got To Do With It which I've done previously. do-again-rating: 3/10

Brad Paisley - Online

My second Brad Paisley song of the night (written on my notes as: Online country bollocks shite type music by country bumpkins named brad - wonder who wrote that, Scott!) and this one is a piss take out of people who claim to be something that they're not when online. With lyrics like "I can have a three way chat with two women at one time, I'm so much cooler online" you can imagine what the rest is like. A very funny (but true!) song, currently at #14 on the US Country billboard and enjoyable to do. do-again-rating: 7/10


That's yer lot, so until next week, PARTY HARD!

5 comments:

Lisa said...

hmmmm, brainwashing. good idea. hadn't thought of that before now!!

Hayley said...

Me and Louise didnt do Smile by Lily Allen, Shaun - how drunk were you. I knew you werent paying attention to our singing!

Shaun said...

<shrugs>

I was drunk!

Will correct later.

Hayley said...

I'l let you off this once, it makes a change its normally scott telling you off for getting his wrong!

I take it you never got your kebab then Shaun?

Shaun said...

no kebab, and probably a good job too as it wouldn't have stayed down for very long!