Sunday, August 5, 2007

Karaoke - 2nd August 2007

It was a relatively busy week up the Hotel this Thursday night for a change (even Louise turned up!!) which meant plenty of singers and a fairly decent atmosphere. Unfortunately, the increased number of singers means less trips to the microphone for us :( but more time for drinking!! I was a little bit 'intoxicated' by the end of the night this week, probably more than I've been for a while but you have to don't you!? All I can say is it's a good job we're only there for 2½ hours or else God knows what state I could get in :D

Mr. Sleepy was in again and yet again he fell asleep with his glass of coke (but woke up when it was his turn to sing). Unless I was absolutely rat-arsed, I can't figure how anyone can fall asleep in a pub with [loud] karaoke on or do we bore you that much. If you're that tired, stay at home you !!!! I'm also not sure what went on it the ladies toilets tonight but I wouldn't have like to have been the cleaner... Bring back the smell of smoke if it could mask that god-awful whiff that was going around the pub towards the end of the night, it was that bad! Paul, the landlord went in to take a look and I'm sure I noticed a green tint around his cheeks when he came back out [very quickly]. You had to have been there to know how bad it was. On second thoughts, you were much better off not being there!

Songwise I'd put three songs in although I only got sing one of them. The starter was Andys choice and Faint was Scotts although I didn't mind singing either. It leaves me with a couple of new ones for next week anyway so not too worry. Scott weighed in with the cracking Biffy Clyro - Folding Stars and I'm sure he'll be letting you all know how it could possibly have a been a karaoke 'world premiere' ;) Even it wasn't (you'll need to provide proof!), he nailed it first time and I definately hope he breaks his new songs only rule and gives it another go. As time was running short and it was becoming evident that we might not get a song each in at the end we joined forces (doesn't happen often) and attempted Linkin Parks - Faint, see the report below as to how it went.

This rest of this weeks warblings were as follows:
  • Shaun: Will Smith - Summertime (2)
  • Scott: Duran Duran - Rio (new)
  • Others: Johnny Rivers - Secret Agent Man
  • Others: Mariah Carey - Hero (3)
  • Tina, Louise & Hayley: Abba - Does Your Mother Know (4)
  • Others: Texas - I Don't Want A Lover (3)
  • Others: Rammstein - Du Hast
  • Others: Robbie Williams - Let Me Entertain You (2)
  • Others: The Pretenders - Brass In Pocket
  • Others: Womack & Womack - Teardrops (6)
  • Others: Travis Tritt - T-R-O-U-B-L-E
  • Shaun: Mika - Big Girl (new)
  • Scott: Biffy Clyro - Folding Stars (world premiere!!!!!)
  • Others: Burt Bacharach - I'll Never Fall In Love Again (4)
  • Others: Sister Sledge - We Are Family
  • Tina, Louise & Hayley: Buggles - Video Killed The Radio Star (3)
  • Others: Tina Turner - Simply The Best (2)
  • Others: Cher - If I Could Turn Back Time (4)
  • Others: Billy Idol - Rebel Yell
  • Others: Tiffany - I Think We're Alone Now (2)
  • Others: The Corrs - Runaway (3)
  • Others: Right Said Fred - Deeply Dippy
  • Others: Pearl Jam - Jeremy
  • Others: Gloria Gaynor - I Will Survive (2)
  • Shaun & Scott: Linkin Park - Faint (new)
  • Others: Drifters - Like Sister & Brother
This weeks stats:
  • 26 songs sang tonight
  • 13 had not been sung previously this year
  • 13 have been sang already this year (2 of which were also sang last week)
  • There have been 787 songs sung so far this year!


** NEW SONGS **
Mika - Big Girl

It's something different from the more indie-ish songs I've been singing lately and fun to do. The song itself was very straight-forward to sing and certainly much easier than the last Mika song I did, Grace Kelly, although not quite as funky as that one. It still managed a respectable chart position of #9 though despite being the third single released from the album. A 50/50 whether or not it gets done again. do-again-rating: 5/10

Linkin Park - Faint

I'm not sure how this one sounded as it was near the end of the night and the words might have been slurring despite knowing this inside out normally. Regardless, I f**king love this song and it's definately one of my favourite LP tracks. Thanks to Scott for agreeing to have a go at this with me even if he did have the much harder part!! If nothing else, it certainly went down well with the group of girls who were sat down at the top end. I think we may have to try this one again sometime ;) do-again-rating: 7/10


Thus ends another week of karaoke. Lets see what fun next week brings us.....next week!

1 comment:

Captain Jack said...

Ahoy There matey! Will do Faint again if those young ladies turn up again!F'nar F'nar nudge nudge, But only because they were obvious Linkin Park fans and thought we were brill.As for Biffy Clyro well hmm not sure..........Of Course I will do this again this week and probably next. Think it's a must on the next ten songs of they year vote. Hmmm wonder what will win that one!!!!!