Thursday, January 17, 2008

It's All Gone Quiet....

"Said Roobarb. Too quiet, said Custard"

Yep, it's all gone a bit quiet on the blogging front all round since things have gone back to some semblance of normality.

For me, I just haven't had anything to say that I thought warranted writing since the new year. I suppose I *could* tell you about the Playstation 3 I got for Christmas from Lisa which is bloody brilliant. I haven't played it anywhere near as much as I thought I would, although I expect this to change after I finish my 'hit the decks' competition entry, but what I have played has been fantastic. I've now got it hooked up via HDMI cable and it looks awesome on the Samsung LCD on the wall. Call Of Duty 4 is like watching CNN, Fifa 08 similarly is like watching Sky Sports and Motorstorm is just wow! The most played game since I finished Guitar Hero 3 (on easy) is Heavenly Sword and this one has really got me hooked. Brilliant gameplay, graphics and storyline. Perhaps a tad short as I'm nearly finished it now but brilliant nonetheless. Playing online is no slouch either and I've managed a few COD4 battles and a couple of Fifa 08 games against Scott.

For the record, the scores against Scott were:

Man Utd (Scott) 3 - 1 Arsenal (me)
LA Galaxy (Scott) 1 - 0 Chelsea (me) * note: I hit the post about 50 times in this game, no way I deserved to lose!! ;)

I may well keep a record of these games as I expect the tide to turn once I've played it a few times ;)

The rest of my spare time in the last 2 weeks has been spent working on a 'megamix' for a competition which needs to be 15 minutes long by the 27th Jan (I've done 4½ mins in 2 weeks so far so need to get a move on)! Similar in vein to the YouTube Hit The Decks videos top right, it's a mash-up of old school rave classics with audio samples galore chucked over the top. Believe me when I say it's much harder than I thought it would be! Once the compo is over and the results announced (keep your fingers crossed for me :) ) I'll be putting it up for download. I'm quite pleased with it so far and sure it stands a good chance (not least because I don't think there'll be that many entries!).

Anyway, that's been me for the last couple of weeks ,let's see what the next lot bring :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Its a shame that you have to use that nasty console to play great games.

Xbox live is far better than Ps3 version i know i have both.

Shaun said...

hmmm... I was more 360 than ps3 a year or so ago but various things have since swayed me to the ps3. These include backwards compat with ps1 games (of which I have a few), free online (you have to pay for xbox live?) and blu-ray (this wasn't a deal breaker but it does seem as though blu-ray is going to win the format war).
I also don't fancy becoming familiar with the three red lights of death that plagues the 360 :(

I'm happy with the PS3, more than I thought I would be tbh, especially when I found out that I can stream audio & movies direct from my PC to it. Coupled with the HD connection it's everything I wanted.

All I need to do now is practice FIFA some more so I can win some games :)

Unknown said...

Do you have the 10 players can play at once thing on the PS3. Thats one of the best types of match.

The other good thing about xbox you do not get as many children playing thinking that they are the best players in the world and they are crap and leave as soon as you start to beat them.

Shaun said...

There is that option I believe, yes, although I've not played it.

Only played Scott so far online so can't comment on the disconnections issue. However, I've played Fifa, Command & Conquer, Age Of Empires all online before on the PC and the issue has always been around for 1 v 1 games so although it's annoying, you just have to accept it as part and parcel of online gaming...bloody sore losers!