Sunday, February 10, 2008

"Hit The Decks" Competition entry

Here's my entry for a "Hit The Decks" style competition on the BackToTheOldSkool forum that I spent most of January pondering over.

Although in the end the competition didn't attract that much interest (4 entries in total) which was disappointing, I did learn a lot about FL Studio, the Digital Audio Workstation (DAW), that I used and I hope to put that to good use in the future in producing my own tracks.

Here's the YouTube vids of the mix in action and you can download a 192kbs mp3 version of the mix here if you want to listen to it in it's uninterrupted entirety.

Part 1:


Part 2:


The tracks I used in the mix are (in order of appearance):

Edge*1 - Compounded
Circa 91 - Can You Feel Me
Blow - Cutter
Rachel Wallace - Tell Me Why
Quadrophonia - Quadrophonia
Krome & Time - This Sound Is For The Underground
Hedgehog Affair - Oh Wow What A Rush
Rhythm Quest - Closer To All Your Dreams
Prodigy - Everybody In The Place
Urban Hype - Trip To Trumpton
Shaft - Roobarb & Custard
2 Bad Mice - Bombscare
Acen - Close Your Eyes
Awesome 3 - Don't Go
House Crew - We Are Hardcore
Sonz Of A Loop Da Loop Era - Far Out
The Hypnotist - Hardcore You Know The Score
Frequency - Sky Is The Limit
Noise Factory - We Can
NRG - Never Lost His Hardcore
Release - Drifting
Cleptomaniacs - Positive Feedback
Altern 8 - Infiltrate 202
Blame - Music Takes You
Rave 8 - Jigsaw
Rythym For Reasons - Grand National
Elevation - Can You Feel It


And if you're wondering if I won the competition......

... Yes, I did :)

No prizes though unfortunately, but as I said to a colleague at work, it's just about the pride in others hearing your work and accomplishing what you set out to do (and the kudos of course ;) )

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.