Sunday, February 4, 2007

Karaoke - 1st Feb 2007

Cracking night tonight, really enjoyed it. A few of my work colleagues came up for a drink and oh boy did they suprise!! Never in a million years would I have thought that Mike & Steve would get up to sing Britney Spears - Baby One More Time, never! I've not laughed so much for ages but fair play to them, they did give it a good go :)

Pub was packed which was unusual as it's been so very quiet since the new year and there were plenty of singers in which made for a varied night.

Songs in order tonight:

Me: Razorlight - Before I Fall To Pieces *
Others: Bobby Vee - Take Good Care Of My Baby
Scott: Kansas - Wayward Son
Others: Carly Simon - You're So Vain
Others: Rolf Harris - Tie Me Kangaroo Down
Hayley & Louise: Britney Spears - I Love Rock & Roll
Others: Ian Dury & The Blockheads - Hit Me With Your Rhythm Stick
Me: Mika - Grace Kelly *
Others: Buddy Holly - Baby, I Don't Care
Others: Neil Diamond - Hello Again
Others: Britney Spears - Baby One More Time
Scott: Take That - Shine
Others: Go West - King Of Wishful Thinking
Others: Animals - House Of The Rising Sun
Hayley & Louise: Rogue Traders - Voodoo Child
Others: The Beatles - Back In The USSR
Others: Don Maclean - American Pie
Others: Cher - Dark Lady
Me: Kaiser Chiefs - Everday I Love You Less & Less *
Others: John Travolta - Greased Lightning
Scott: Queen - Somebody To Love
Others: Cher - Walking In Memphis
Others: Guns N Roses - Paradise City
Hayley & Louise: Steps - Thank Abba For The Music
Others: Kinks - All Day & All Of The Night
Others: Right Said Fred - I'm Too Sexy
Me: Pulp - Common People *
Scott: Take That - Patience

** New Song **
Pulp - Common People - To be honest, I'm not 100% sure that I've not done this before but if I have it was years ago so for now I'm counting it as new song even if it was a 'duet' with Steve!. If I have done it before then I know now why I didn't do it again: it's too bloody low for the first couple of verses. I just can't do low/quiet at all so not one I'll be doing again.

2 comments:

Mandy said...

I've been reading through your blogs, Shaun, and I have got to say, I love your song choices!

Even though I do have a lot of singers that do some great diverse stuff, I wish you lived a bit closer to me, so I could hear you doing your stuff!

Keep it up xxx

Shaun said...

Thanks Mandy :)

I just love singing the songs that I enjoy listening to, it's my weekly 'escapism'*!!

* and that's not from a mental asylum before anyone comments :p