Monday, February 26, 2007

Karaoke - 22nd Feb 2007

I had a bad head on Friday so I can safely say that I was drunk this night. Not sure how I managed to scribble down all the songs sung and by the look of my writing I had trouble deciphering some of it but still managed it in the end!

Once again, some of my work colleagues descended upon and that made for an interesting night. Sue, who's normal quite reserved at work got up to sing on the karaoke (Robbie Williams - Straighten Up and Fly Right) and she entertained us although it was not so much her singing but her 'elaborate' dancing. You go girl!!



In amongst all that the girls did a new song, Thorn In My Side, which I thought (from what I remember) sounded pretty good, and Scott walked off on not one, but two songs, which shocked me as he normally knows whether or not he can do the song he's doing!!

As for me, I stuck to songs I know and that I can sing even when pissed! I did try one new one, Hot Love by T-Rex but it's very much like the Snow Patrol - Spitting Games song: I can sing it fine at home or in the car but when you get on the mic you find that it's in a low tone that you just can't get right. Ah well. As you can tell, I'm running out of new stuff to sing...

so, the rundown of all the songs sang goes like this (apologies now if I've got the wrong people singing!):

Shaun: Bloodhound Gang - Bad Touch
Tina, Louise & Hayley: Eurythmics - Sweet Dreams
Others: The Commitments - Try A Little Tenderness
Others: Robbie Williams - Angels
Others: Atomic Kitten - Tide Is High
Shaun: Razorlight - In The Morning
Scott: Take That - Shine
Tina, Louise & Hayley: Girls Aloud - Love Machine
Others: Robbie Williams - Straighten Up & Fly Right
Others: Patsy Cline - Crazy
Shaun: Black Eyed Peas - Pump It
Scott: Abba - S.O.S.
Tina, Louise & Hayley: Eurythmics - Thorn In My Side
Others: Bob Marley - Jammin'
Andy: Dire Straits - Money For Nothing
Shaun: Marc Bolan & T.Rex - Hot Love
Others: Abba - Waterloo
Scott: Rolling Stones - Angie
Tina & Lisa: Nikki French - Total Eclipse Of The Heart
Others: Cher - If I Could Turn Back Time
Others: Snow Patrol - Chasing Cars
Tina, Louise & Hayley: Chicago - All That Jazz
Others: Shania Twain - That Don't Impress Me Much
Others: Roxette - Listen To Your Heart

** New Song **
Marc Bolan & T.Rex - Hot Love - I picked this literally the night before as I was searching around for the Fratellis - Ooh La La Goldfrapp cover on YouTube. On one of the sets, the Frats kind of merged the two songs together and it sounded really cool so thought I would have a go. It's a really simple song and I could sing it fine in the house and in the car, but on the mic I really struggled to get the right tone. Won't be doing it again but if you don't try, you never know!

4 comments:

Captain Jack said...

Fantastic post again shaun the video is a real triumph! I'd of never known you were pi#@*d on Thursday (said hand over mouth while giggling loudly) Not like you to ever drink too much (Hand over mouth again) After your workmate's came down to liven the place up again I think it is safe to say they are going too have to make more regular appearence's if only too give us more to watch on You Tube!!!

Support The Campaign For BRIT ROCK!

Shaun said...

Yes, Mandy, I'm still going to continue on with it. It's a shame that Steve felt he couldn't continue it on as it would have been very interesting as the results started to settle down I think.

Louise said...

So you suffered with a minor hangover then Shaun...not surprising really!!
No doubt you will be in the same state this week also by celebrating your Birthday!!
xx

Shaun said...

oh, but of course :)

With the added bonus that I'm on holiday too so no work to call me either! ;)