Sunday, February 18, 2007

Karaoke - 15th Feb 2007

Another week and another blast on the Dog and Duck karaoke machine though there's definately no stars in my eyes. :)

A fun night to be had with plenty of new songs, some of which were planned and some which were not. Hats off to Tina & Hayley for having a go at 2 new ones tonight: Sweet Dreams by the Eurythmics and Smile by Lily Allen, both of which were very good and they should sing again and also to Scott who really ventured this week and covered S.O.S. by Abba!!!

I also got to sing a song I've longed to do for some time but never dared as I thought I couldn't do it: The Circus by Erasure, and absolutely loved it. I so very nearly chickened out as well when I got to the stand but fortunately Tina, Hayley & Scott are a determined bunch and insisted I do it. Thanks peeps :)

And so, onto this weeks run down:

Shaun: Will Smith - Miami
Others: Cliff Richard - Devil Woman
Others: Chuck Berry - Johnny B Goode
Scott: Spandau Ballet - Fight For Ourselves
Shaun: Kaiser Chiefs - Oh My God
Others: Rita McNeil - Working Man
Scott: Rolling Stones - Honky Tonk Woman
Andy: Dire Straits - Money For Nothing
Shaun: Jack Ingram - Lips Of An Angel
Others: Aqua - Barbie Girl
Scott: Aerosmith - Livin' On The Edge
Others: Busted - Year 3000
Tina & Hayley: Britney Spears - I Love Rock N Roll
Shaun: The Zutons - Why Don't You Give Me Your Love
Scott: Take That - Patience
Tina & Hayley: Eurythmics - Sweet Dreams
Others: Peter Andre - Mysterious Girl
Andy: Sugarhill Gang - Rappers Delight
Shaun: Stereophonics - Dakota
Others: Fleetwood Mac - Little Lies
Scott: Abba - S.O.S.
Tina & Hayley: Lily Allen - Smile
Others: Alannah Myles - Black Velvet
Others: The Kooks - She Moves In Her Own Way
Shaun: Erasure - The Circus

** NEW SONGS **
Jack Ingram - Lips Of An Angel - This was a bit different for me as it's a little bit country but I must admit to liking it. It's a cover of a group called Hinder whose version is a lot more heavier but this almost acoustic version by Jack Ingram is easier to sing and it is a nice song. Will possibly do again when the wife is there as it is she who got me into it and she loves it!

Stereophonics - Dakota - I was browsing through some of my Now collection and came across this about 10 minutes before I left the house. I knew it well enough to give it a go and it went ok.

Erasure - The Circus - As explained above, this was completely unplanned but I loved it and will certainly give it another outing at some point. What I will say is thank god Andy didn't have Chiquitita by Abba in the book else that would have been the song going in!! :o

Roll on next week...

No comments: