Friday, February 9, 2007

Karaoke - 8th Feb 2007

Not as busy as last week but a good night nonetheless. I was a little bit tipsy to say the least towards the end of the night and that'll be to do with the mix of alcohol I was drinking: Carlsberg, Jack Daniels and Sambucca & lemonade!! Loving that sambucca at the moment but I swear it's that that's giving me a bad head the next day. I'll also blame the sambucca for clapping at someone when they got up to leave and said good night :o For some bizarre reason my arms behaved as if I was just clapping them on finishing a karaoke song like some sort of 'clap-o-matic' autopilot. Very embarassing!

Anyway, this weeks songs:

Me: Tenpole Tudor - Swords Of A Thousand Men
Scott: ZZ Top - Legs
Others: Louise - Stuck In The Middle
Andy: Golden Earring - Radar Love
Others: Candi Staton - Young Hearts Run Free
Me: Automatic - Raoul
Scott: The Fratellis - Whistle For The Choir
Tina & Hayley: Blondie - One Way Or Another
Others: Texas - I Don't Want A Lover
Others: Womack & Womack - Teardrops
Me: The View - Same Jeans
Scott: Default - Wasting My Time
Tina & Hayley: Bryan Adams & Mel C - When You're Gone
Andy: Dean Martin - That's Amore
Me: Kaiser Cheifs - Ruby
Scott: Take That - Patience
Others: Madonna - Papa Don't Preach
Me: Mika - Grace Kelly
Scott: James Morrison - The Pieces Don't Fit Anymore
Tina & Hayley: Macy Gray - I Try
Others: Madonna - Like A Virgin
Others: Elvis - In The Ghetto
Others: Alanis Morissette - Ironic
Me & Scott: Spagna - Call Me
Me & Scott: Linkin Park - In The End


Wow, something I'd not particulary noticed before: If you take me, scott, tina, hayley and andy out of the list, then there isn't a whole lot left! I thought at the time my turns were coming around pretty quick. Again, I'll blame the sambucca for not realising sooner :)

** NEW SONGS **

TheView - Same Jeans - Although I'm not overly keen on this band in general, I do like this particular song. I also enjoyed singing it to and 'air-guitaring' that final riff is funny cos it's just mental. Will definately do again. It was pointed out that it has a very heavy 'Brimful of Asha' influence in the track which I think I might just have a go at next week.

Kaiser Chiefs - Ruby - I do like the Kaisers and have sang their songs from the previous album so was fairly confident with this one. Thanks to Scott for letting me do it as I know he had his eye on it too ;) Ruby, Ruby, Ruby, Ruby...aha aha ahaaaaaaaaaaaa

3 comments:

Captain Jack said...

Hayley say's "Next time I sing pay attention and you might get what her and Tina sing right" Lol Think the beer took an early effect m8.

Shaun said...

I had a funny feeling that something wasn't right...

Which one is that's wrong, I honestly can't remember!

Shaun said...

found out that Louise - Stuck In The Middle was in fact sung by Jo & Jane not Tina & Hayley. Now corrected!

I also, reluctantly, included the rather bad Spagna attempt in the list. :o