Friday, March 9, 2007

Karaoke - 8th Mar 2007

It was a quiet affair this week at the Birches Head Hotel.

There were people in but they weren't very excitable and the number of singers was on the low side but not to worry, we still had a good time and many songs were sung and *everyone* got to sing new songs tonight which was cool. Ranging from the girls singing Sugababes - Ugly to Andy, with a little prompting, singing the Fratellis - Whistle For The Choir which I reckon probably had the most audience participation of the night... top song dude :)

This weeks songs:


Just realised there were 4 Beatles songs sang tonight!! This must put them a little higher in the most sung artist chart now. Need a plan to fight back and get the Fratellis on top. This shouldn't be too hard, I enjoy singing Henrietta, Whistle For The Choir is turning into a very regular and popular song, Chelsea Dagger can be done now and then when the beers flowing, and..... Baby Fratelli is on the next Sunfly!! (leaps around the room :) ) Ben from Sunfly has put up a preview of what's on this months Sunfly on the KJForum and you can see them here in this thread.

** NEW SONGS **

Happy Mondays - Step On - Last minute choice as I was going to The Knack - My Sharona but when I had a go at it at home I found that it wasn't as easy as I thought. Step On is quite easy to sing with very easy lyrics but once again I found myself singing really low and struggling with it ala Snow Patrol. It was ok in the end but will be a nostalgic one-off.

The Knack - My Sharona - Yep, the song that I wasn't going to do I actually ended up doing anyway due to an offer to duet it with me by Andy after I mentioned to him that I'd changed my mind on it. The song starts and Andy looks at me and then leaves me to it, the hustler :p! Well, it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be I just wish that Sunfly had done the radio version of the song instead of leaving the full 1 minute 38 seconds instrumental break in towards the end. Another one for the 'one-off' collection.


and so ends another week. ciao for now.

4 comments:

Captain Jack said...

Not to knock you in any way my friend but this weeks unchecked out error is on Live and Let Die. I would never do the sacroligious Guns And Roses version when the original by Paul McCarney and Wings is much better. I shall slap your legs next week young man.

Shaun said...

oops, my mistake. I didn't even know there was another version!

I'll consider myself told off :p

Louise said...

Shaun you have far too much time on your hands by linking every song to a video on YouTube!!!!!

Shaun said...

nah, it only takes 30 mins or so. It was either that or a couple more hands of poker!
What else would I do :p