Friday, April 13, 2007

Karaoke - 12 Apr 2007

Thursday night saw a return to normal after last weeks Easter weekend packout and so the hotel was back to its quietest worst!
Not too much to write about this week so I'm just going to dive straight into the run down of the songs sung:

** NEW SONGS **

The Shamen - Boss Drum: Ah, those were the days when I was into rave and happy hardcore (whistle posse anyone?)! This is my favourite Shamen track and reached no.4 in the UK charts back in 1992, taken from their album with the same name. The same album also saw them get their only no.1 hit with the infamous 'Ebeneezer Goode'. I think I did a fairly good job of it although it's the sort of track that ideally needs to be done when it's a bit more busy and with the volume cranked up. do-again-rating: 7/10

Red Box - For America: Another old favourite of mine from the 80's. This track got to no.10 in the UK charts in 1986 and was their second single, the first being Lean On Me (ah-Li-Ayo) which reached no.3 in 1985. They pretty much disappeared after that so you call them '2-hit-wonders'!! Suprisingly, neither Tina or Hayley had ever heard this song before and to be honest, they probably won't hear it again either. It's one of those songs that you do once for the fun of it and then it's best to consign it to the history books. Still love the song though! do-again-rating: 1/10

Creedence Clearwater Revival - Proud Mary: Came across this as I was looking for 'Have You Ever Seen The Rain' by the same band which I was having a practice of on my guitar (yes, I'm still playing it!). Having already sang 'Bad Moon Rising' by CCR I thought that if there's enough time to do a last song then I'll give this a crack. It's not a song I'm ever likely to sing again but it's something different and simple to do. do-again-rating: 1/10

Tune in next week: same bat time, same bat channel for the next thrilling episode....

No comments: