Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Champions League woes

Firstly, I'm not a Man Utd fan, but having seen them play [on TV] quite a few times this season they've been the outstanding team of the year so far in my opinion.

Unfortunately, just when they needed to perform at a crucial stage, they were shockingly inept and have now crashed out of the Champions League Semi-Final with a 3-0 defeat away to AC Milan. Having watched the dross of Liverpool v Chelsea from last night (I thought the first leg was bad, but jeez, these two teams are dire) I was convinced that Man Utd would get to the final and give Liverpool a good spanking but it now looks like it Milan will that get that honour.

Somehow I can't see Liverpool coming back from 3-0 down again which is going to be my predicted scoreline. You can currently get 4/5 (bet365, Paddy Power, SkyBet) for AC Milan to win the champs league and much as I'd like an English team to win it, I just can't see it happening now.

No comments: