Sunday, May 6, 2007

Karaoke - 3rd May 2007

I couldn't do it every week, but we stuck to what we agreed to last Thursday and sang Female songs at this weeks karaoke. And in all fairness, it was a good laugh and gave us all an excuse to sing (i'll use that term loosely tonight!) those songs that secretly, deep down, you always wanted to have a go at ;)

The night was made better still by some of my work friends once more making the journey to the hotel and joining in with the fun and games, although in Sue's case she *is* the fun and games (and I mean that in a good way :) ) Sue singing Mika's Grace Kelly with Mike was just totally nuts and although I promised the video would never show up on You Tube, you just never know where else it might turn up once I've got it off the camera! I mean, it would be a shame to waste such quality entertainment ;) I've also got a little footage of Scott & Andy attempting Enough Is Enough but unfortunately (or fortunately for them) I'd forgotten to empty out the cameras memory card before I went out and so I got the dreaded 'Memory Card Full' message about 30 seconds into the song. I'll get them next time! I do believe that there is also some camera phone footage of me attempting to do Nelly Furtados Maneater which I'm sure wouldn't make for pleasant viewing and so should be consigned to memory card heaven, whoever has it!

Onto the songs and it was great to see that everyone made a good go at it. If I've got to spend a week listening to Amy Winehouse etc then I'm glad it wasn't for nothing, lol! I had a go at songs by Kelis, Amy Winehouse & Nelly Furtado, Scott tried a little Sophie Ellis Bextor & Beverley Knight and even Andy got it on the act with Fontella Bass' - Rescue Me. I think overall we got through the songs ok although some probably should be left to the females. Would I do any of them again? Probably not, unless of course it was some other drink fuelled dare again. ;)

And so, onto the full rundown of the songs sang on singing night:
  • Others: Shania Twain - Up!
  • Others: Joe Diffie - Honky Tonk Attitude
  • Shaun: Kelis - Trick Me
  • Tina, Lisa & Hayley: Macy Gray - I Try
  • Others: Westlife - I Don't Wanna Fight
  • Scott: Sophie Ellis Bextor - Catch You
  • Others: Neil Diamond - Sweet Caroline
  • Andy: Fontella Bass - Rescue Me
  • Others: Alison Moyet - That Ole Devil Called Love
  • Others: Buddy Holly - It Doesn't Matter Anymore
  • Others: Las Ketchup - The Ketchup Song
  • Others: The Killers - All These Things That I've Done
  • Shaun: Amy Winehouse - Rehab
  • Others: Mika - Grace Kelly
  • Tina, Lisa & Hayley: Carly Simon - You're So Vain
  • Others: Ronan Keating - If Tomorrow Never Comes
  • Scott: Beverley Knight - Come As You Are
  • Others: Burt Bacharach - I'll Never Fall In Love Again
  • Others: Hear'Say - Pure And Simple
  • Others: Neil Diamond - Hello Again
  • Others: Frank Sinatra - My Way
  • Others: Elvis - Devil In Disguise
  • Others: Elton John - Don’t Let The Sun Go Down On Me
  • Scott & Andy: Barbra Streisand & Donna Summer - No More Tears (Enough Is Enough)
  • Others: Bowling For Soup - High School Never Ends
  • Others: Labi Siffre - Something Inside So Strong
  • Shaun: Nelly Furtado - Maneater
  • Tina & Hayley: Lily Allen - LDN

** NEW SONGS **

Kelis - Trick Me - Funnily enough it was only a couple of weeks or so ago that I was trying to get the girls to sing this. I'd never have thought at the time that I'd end up filling my own request! I like this track though and it was quite funky to sing. Hopefully I'll get to hear it again although without me behind the mic next time ;) do-again-rating: 2/10

Amy Winehouse - Rehab - She looks like a bloke, sounds like a bloke.... are you sure "she's" not a bloke! Either way, I must admit to actually liking her sixties-ish sounding records and I enjoyed having a go at this one. I'm tempted to try Back To Black once I know it a little better, maybe! do-again-rating: 4/10

Nelly Furtado - Maneater - It was a choice at this point between this, Pinks Get The Party Started and Avril Lavignes Sk8ter Boi. After a brief attempt at home of all three I think Maneater was the one to avoid most blushes with (and leave with me with some sort of throat left!). Of the three, this was my worst, but I gave it a go and now I know not to do it again :) do-again-rating: 0/10

Back to normal next week, song-wise at least and hopefully not in terms of people in the pub as it was busy-ish this Thursday. Maybe in a couple of weeks time we'll give this 'theme night' another bash, who knows, I'm certainly up for it! Until then, arrivadeci.

No comments: