Saturday, June 2, 2007

Karaoke - 31st May 2007

Although we were missing most of the Thursday night regulars in Scott, Hayley (both on holiday), Tina & Louise (no excuses :p), tonight wasn't too bad at all as some of the Tuesday crowd (hi Russ!) turned up to make up numbers.
I arrived at the hotel a little earlier than usual because just as I got to the end of my street to make my way up, along came the No.38 which I know drives past the hotel and well, why not, I caught the bus despite the hotel being only about three quarters of a mile away (it's mostly all upbank in my defense! :( ) And it cost me 95p. 95 pence for less than a mile. Last time I caught that bus it was only 40p to get to Hanley (double the distance) although mind you, I was only 15 at the time ;)
Still, early to arrive means more beer to get through during the night and I think it's safe to say I was a little 'intoxicated' when I left. I don't remember much of the walk home (no buses at that time of night) but I certainly remember taking the dog out for a walk singing to (or attempting to) the Frays How To Save A Life on my mp3 player, blissfully unaware of the other guy out walking his dog too about 10 steps behind me. I'm not sure whether the look he gave me was one of amusement or a 'shut the f**k up' look. oops!
Unfortunately sometime during the night my body decided it was going to stop processing the rest of the excess alcohol and rudely awakened me from my slumber to make the dreaded trip to the loo to eject said toxins :s Not been that drunk for a while!

Not to worry though, it's all in a good cause (or so I tell myself), and without further stories of my drunkeness, here are the songs sung tonight:
  • Others: St.Etienne - He's On The Phone
  • Others: Travis Tritt - Still In Love With You
  • Shaun: Keith Urban - Jeans On
  • Others: The Pretenders - I'll Stand By You
  • Andy: Charlie Daniels Band - The Devil Went Down To Georgia
  • Others: Whitney Houston - Saving All My Love For You
  • Others: Shania Twain - Any Man Of Mine
  • Others: The Killers - For Reasons Unknown
  • Shaun: The View - The Don
  • Others: Fleetwood Mac - Dreams
  • Others: Lynn Anderson - Rose Garden
  • Others: Elvis - One Night
  • Others: Shania Twain - Whose Bed Have Your Boots Been Under
  • Andy: Elvis - Viva Las Vegas
  • Others: Tim McGraw - I Like It I Love It
  • Shaun: The Fratellis - Flathead
  • Others: Katie Melua - The Closest Thing To Crazy
  • Others: Eric Clapton - Cocaine
  • Others: Lonestar - I'll Die Trying
  • Others: MercyMe - So Long Self
  • Shaun: Maximo Park - Our Velocity
  • Others: Diana Ross - Chain Reaction
  • Others: Chuck Berry - Memphis
  • Others: Boyzone - Words
** NEW SONGS **
The View - The Don - The fourth single to be released by the band and although it only reached no.33 in the charts, it is in my opinion, just as good a 'feel good' song as Same Jeans which reached no.3 back in January. Really enjoyed having a go at this one and it will definately feature again. do-again-rating: 10/10

The Fratellis - Flathead - I have to admit that as much as I love the Fratellis, I just didn't get the same buzz from singing this track as I have the others. It's a shame in a way that this was the one chosen by iPod for their adverts when there are much better, more funkier tracks on the album that maybe could have been better choices (and thus made their way onto Karaoke ;)). I currently have an instrumental version of the For The Girl acoustic track which I'm sorely tempted to put together as a cdg track... we'll see. Aynway, back to sum this one up: It was ok but nothing special. do-again-rating: 2/10


Back to normality (hopefully) next week with everyone back, so until then.....Do svidanja

No comments: