Friday, May 25, 2007

Karaoke - 24 May 2007

With Andy (the regular KJ) being on holiday and Scott & Hayley off to see Magnum (the band not the P.I.) I made the trek up to the hotel on my own this week (everyone say awwwww!).

I wasn't even sure that there was anything on but luckily they had splashed out on a replacement KJ who I think may be the one who does the Sunday lunches. Even luckier was that he was an up-to-date KJ, bar the last Sunfly, and so the choice of songs was pretty much to my liking. After pondering through his brick like book (why do some KJ's insist on listing only about 25-30 songs per page? Save some trees and print more per page, you CAN do two columns!), I finally put my songs in. No new ones for me though this week, just some of my favs from the year.

The hotel was actually busy for the first hour or so as the bowlers (there's a bowling green next to the hotel) stayed around until around 10:30 which is unusual. It was also unusual that some of them were actually getting up and singing as well. Someone must have spiked their drinks I guess!

The replacements KJ's sound system wasn't as good as Andys and it was very tinny on the background music. Singing on the system wasn't too bad but I wish he'd have turned the music up a little bit. I would say that the mic volume was nearly twice as loud as the backing which I wasn't too keen on and there was no changing either volume or adding any reverb/chorus to compensate once a singer started, something which Andy does have a knack for in getting some of us to sound a little better than we probably are! :p Ah well, musn't grumble, it wasn't too bad and at least there was something on.

This weeks songs:
  • Others: Ronan Keating - When You Say Nothing At All
  • Others: Louise - Stuck In The Middle
  • Shaun: The Fratellis - Whistle For The Choir
  • Others: The Rubettes - Jukebox Jive
  • Others: Alannah Myles - Black Velvet
  • Others: Hank Williams - Your Cheatin' Heart
  • Others: Abba - Dancing Queen
  • Shaun: The Fratellis - Baby Fratelli
  • Others: Patsy Cline - Crazy
  • Others: Sinead O'Connor - Nothing Compares 2U
  • Others: Nancy Sinatra - These Boots Are Made For Walking
  • Others: The Carpenters - Top Of The World
  • Shaun: Razorlight - In The Morning
  • Others: Meatloaf - Paradise By The Dashboard Light
  • Others: Robbie Williams - Angels
  • Others: Elvis - D'ya Ever (Have One Of Those Days)
  • Others: REO Speedwagon - I Can't Fight This Feeling
  • Shaun: The View - Same Jeans
  • Others: Donna Summer - Hot Stuff
  • Others: Boyzone - Words

Service half returns to normal next week with Andy back in control and Scott & Hayley jetting off on holiday (have a nice one if you read this before you go).

And so until then, buenos noches!

No comments: