Sunday, June 10, 2007

Karaoke - 7th Jun 2007

Parity was resumed this week with everyone back off their holidays. Glad to hear that all had a good time and now it's just me to go when I'm off 'darn sawth' for a week in Devon later this month.

The hotel had a reasonable crowd and there were a few singers in. I managed to catch the bus up again (oh, how coincidental that it was just coming around the corner...again!) so there was plenty of drink to be had. No unplanned trips tonight though :)

Songwise and I've got to give a thumbs up to Scott who had a crack at Linkin Parks' - What I've Done. I've got plenty of time for LP and Scott certainly did this one justice. Would love to sing their songs myself but I can't get anywhere near Chesters vocal range without my throat seizing up! I did take a shot at a Killers track that I've wanted to do for now and enjoyed singing that track (see below). There's a few movers in the charts this week too with Elvis moving into a clear second in the artists chart (Fratellis still holding firm ;)) and the girls now hold two songs for joint first in the most sung with Britneys - I Love Rock & Roll and the Eurythmics - Sweet Dreams. Must be time for a whistle in the old choir next week!

This weeks songs:
  • Shaun: Will Smith - Summertime
  • Others: Bobby Vee - More Than I Can Say
  • Scott: Rolling Stones - It's Only Rock & Roll
  • Others: Tiffany - I Think We're Alone Now
  • Shaun: Will Smith - Switch
  • Tina, Louise & Hayley: Eurythmics - Sweet Dreams
  • Scott: Thin Lizzy - Dancing In The Moonlight
  • Others: Atomic Kitten - The Tide Is High
  • Others: Elvis - Don't Be Cruel
  • Others: Spice Girls - Viva Forever
  • Tina, Louise & Hayley: Lily Allen - Smile
  • Others: The Corrs - Breathless
  • Shaun: Ok Go - Here It Goes Again
  • Others: Elvis - Always On My Mind
  • Scott: Linkin Park - What I've Done
  • Others: Bill Medley & Jennifer Warnes - I've Had The Time Of My Life
  • Others: Carly Simon - You're So Vain
  • Tina, Louise & Hayley: Britney Spears - I Love Rock N Roll
  • Others: Katie Melua - The Closest Thing To Crazy
  • Andy: Dire Straits - Money For Nothing
  • Others: Alannah Myles - Black Velvet
  • Others: Boyzone - Words
  • Shaun: The Killers - Read My Mind
  • Scott: David Bowie - Starman
  • Tina, Louise & Hayley: Chicago - All That Jazz
  • Others: Texas - Black Eyed Boy
** NEW SONGS **
Will Smith - Switch - I've done quite a few Will Smith songs but have missed this out until now after Russ mentioned it on Tuesday. It's not bad but needs a real party atmosphere and big crowd to work IMO and so in all honesty it sounded a little flat tonight. One that I'm unlikely to do again unfortunately. do-again-rating: 0/10

Ok Go - Here It Goes Again - Came across this song on YouTube as it is one of the most viewed videos on there. A good track but an even better video which just goes to show you don't need an expensive budget. And to make sure you have no excuse for not watching it, here it is:

It was a fun song to do and although I'm not sure that many people know it, it's one that I can see myself having another dig at. do-again-rating: 8/10


The Killers - Read My Mind - I've been wanting to do this for a while now and despite putting it in twice before and not getting to do it, I finally got my chance tonight. For me this is the Killers best song, with Somebody Told Me just behind, and I thoroughly enjoyed singing it. I think I did ok but it was one of the last songs and I was a little tipsy by then. Will have to put it in again but earlier in the order to give me a better guage ;). do-again-rating: 9/10

And so ends another week of drunken singing so until next week.... Näkemiin

No comments: