Friday, July 20, 2007

Karaoke - 19st July 2007

The night started early with me going out for a meal with co-workers from the development and tech support departments at a local Italian restaurant, Portofinos. It's not the cheapest of places to go to but the food is pretty good although I expected my 'bouef brochette' to be a little more than just beef & chips, literally! I have to say though that the beef was very very nice. I tried anchovies for the first time in my starter and was pleasantly suprised to find that I quite liked them. I also discovered the Italian lager Peroni (as recommended by Steve) which went down well and at 5.1% it wasn't too many bottles in before I could feel it starting to affect me!! Will have to see if they sell them at Sainsburys :)

After finishing the meal and leaving my work colleagues , I caught a taxi up to the hotel to find it totally packed outside. Upon entering I think it's safe to safe there were more outside than in (although inside wasn't dead either)! Scott had thankfully been noting down the tracks pre my arrival and we seem to have upgraded from using the back of song request forms to an actual proper note book. Amateurs eh! :p
No new songs again from me tonight though this will be definately be rectified next week with at least two news ones and maybe three if my throat/cough clears up. Still suffering a little from the virus I had the other week with a cough and slight sore throat. I thought it was going to give up on me when I did Blurry tonight but it just about held out.

This weeks playlist:
  • Scott & Andy: Abba - Does Your Mother Know (3)
  • Scott: Aztec Camera - Somewhere In My Heart (2) (new song)
  • Tina & Hayley: Eurythmics - Sweet Dreams (10)
  • Andy: Stray Cats - Stray Cat Strut (3)
  • Scott: Biffy Clyro - Living Is A Problem Because Everything Dies (new song)
  • Others: Maximo Park - Our Velocity (5)
  • Tina & Hayley: The Bangles - Manic Monday (4)
  • Others: The Beatles - All My Loving
  • Others: Eurythmics - Thorn In My Side (4)
  • Others: Womack & Womack - Teardrops (4)
  • Others: Brad Paisley - Ticks (2)
  • Scott: The Fratellis - Ole Black N Blue Eyes (2) (new song)
  • Tina & Hayley: Macy Gray - I Try (6)
  • Others: Robbie Williams - Come Undone (2)
  • Others: The Corrs - Dreams (2)
  • Shaun: Puddle Of Mudd - Blurry
  • Scott: Mick Jagger - Old Habits Die Hard (new song)
  • Others: Frankie Valli - Can't Take My Eyes Off You
  • Others: Buggles - Video Killed The Radio Star
  • Andy: Keith Urban - Jeans On (5)
  • Others: The Commitments - Try A Little Tenderness (2)
  • Shaun: Garth Brooks - Ain't Goin' Down Till The Sun Comes Up (4)
  • Others: Madonna - Material Girl
  • Others: Robbie Williams - Angels (4)
  • Tina & Hayley: Yvonne Elliman - If I Can't Have You (new song)
  • Scott: Rolling Stones - You Can't Always Get What You Want (new song)
  • Others: Kaiser Chiefs - Modern Way
A new song tonight from the girls which I didn't expect and they did it very well too :) Scott added yet another new Rolling Stones song to the list although I'll let him off after he also sang Ole Black N Blue Eyes to help maintain the Fratellis lead at the top of artists charts (Question for Scott: Who sang the Maximo Park track??). I've updated the stats charts on the right hand side link up to this week. If it still shows a previous date then press CTRL & F5 on your browser to force the page to refresh as it seems to be having a problem with it caching old pages :s

Off topic, we finally sold our old house today too, woohoo!! We haven't lived in it for around 9 months and after putting it up for sale in February this year and getting an offer within days it still took an unbelievable 5 months to complete the sale! Still, done and dusted now and we'll be looking for a second car with the money we made from it as when Josh starts school in September and Lisa dropping her hours down to suit school times, having just one car is going to be difficult unfortunately. I shall be getting a new pc out of it too :) Not that there's nothing majorly wrong with this one (custom built a couple of years ago) but it's starting to struggle with newly released games as in it either won't run them or I have to have the gfx settings so low that it ruins the game.

Ah well, that's it for another week so until my next posting, see ya!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

how's life ? shaunio.blogspot.com admin discovered your blog via Google but it was hard to find and I see you could have more visitors because there are not so many comments yet. I have discovered website which offer to dramatically increase traffic to your site http://mass-backlinks.com they claim they managed to get close to 4000 visitors/day using their services you could also get lot more targeted traffic from search engines as you have now. I used their services and got significantly more visitors to my site. Hope this helps :) They offer most cost effective services to increase website traffic at this website http://mass-backlinks.com