Sunday, July 15, 2007

Karaoke - 12th Jul 2007

A little quieter up the hotel tonight than it's been for the last few weeks but enjoyable nonetheless.
At one point I'm sure there were more outside having a cigarette than there were inside which also means that, yes, despite being labeled 'Smoke-on-Trent' (full story here), the Hotel has thankfully stuck to the smoking ban.

There was a good selection of songs from across the board tonight, many of which I've not heard in a long time. Thanks to Scott for having a go at Linkin Parks' - Numb and Andy finally gave in to Tinas wishes for him to do Bodyrockers - I Like The Way. The latter song really needs a parody version as some of the lyrics could easily be substituted for more 'fun' ones ;) One new one for me tonight plus a couple I'd not sang yet in 2007. I'm currently working my way through Andys book to check all the songs I've ever sung from it so far but not done in a while as there are some forgotten classics in there I'm sure!!

Tonights playlist went as follows:
  • Others: Eagles - Hotel California
  • Shaun: Franz Ferdinand - Take Me Out
  • Tina & Hayley: Eurythmics - Sweet Dreams (9 times)
  • Scott: Foo Fighters - Times Like These
  • Others: Shania Twain - You're Still The One (5 times)
  • Others: Queen - Too Much Love Will Kill You
  • Shaun: Arctic Monkeys - Flourescent Adolescent (brand new!!)
  • Tina & Hayley: The Bangles - Manic Monday (3 times)
  • Scott: Linkin Park - Numb (brand new!!)
  • Others: Gabrielle - Out Of Reach (4 times)
  • Andy: Dire Straits - Money For Nothing (7 times)
  • Others: Chris Rea - Road To Hell
  • Shaun: Green Day - American Idiot
  • Tina & Hayley: Savage Garden - Affirmation (2 times)
  • Scott: Hootie & The Blowfish - Let Her Cry (brand new!!)
  • Others: Foundations - Buttercup (2 times)
  • Others: Texas - Black Eyed Boy (2 times)
  • Others: UB40 - Food For Thought
  • Others: Cascades - Rhythm Of The Rain
  • Shaun: The Fratellis - Baby Fratelli (5 times)
  • Tina & Hayley: Blondie - One Way Or Another (3 times)
  • Scott: Take That - I'd Wait For Life (brand new!!)
  • Others: Katie Melua - The Closest Thing To Crazy (4 times)
  • Others: UB40 - Homely Girl
  • Others: Mariah Carey - Hero (2 times)
  • Others: John Denver - That God I'm A Country Boy
  • Andy: Bodyrockers - I Like The Way
  • Shaun: Maximo Park - Our Velocity (4 times)
  • Scott: Eagles - Desperado (brand new!!)
** NEW SONG **
Arctic Monkeys - Flourescent Adolescent - I'd better not sing this one too much as it's a bugger to type!! This is my favourite song from the Monkeys new album and I really enjoyed singing it. I was hoping that it would knock Rhianna off the top of the charts this week but alas it only charted at number 5 which was a little disappointing given that that totally shite Kate Nash track is at number 3. The charts today eh? :p I've no doubt that this one will make an appearance again. do-again-rating: 9/10

Next week I'll be going for a meal (Portofinos - Italian restaurant) with my friends and colleagues from work who I hopefully can persuade some of to join me up the hotel after the meal is finished, although depending on how much drink I've consumed it may be them persuading me to go somewhere with them! We shall see and so until then, goodbye.

2 comments:

Captain Jack said...

Your definatly slacking just lately mate, you missed off my last song Desperado by The Eagles! Nevermind its just your age showing!

Shaun said...

ah, yes, you're right. That's because the pens were swiped before I 'd written it down. Thought I would remember it but obviously not, doh!