Saturday, May 12, 2007

Karaoke - 10 May 2007

It was back to normal song selection tonight after last weeks little venture into the world of female artists. I've still yet to upload my camera footage from that night but rest assured, it will be up and about within the next few days :)

I can't really think of much to say about the night though (possibly I'm having writers block, lol), but it was an enjoyable one and the hotel did have a few people in this week which made a refreshing change.

And so onto the songs sung this week:

** NEW SONGS **

Arctic Monkeys - Brianstorm - A last minute decision to do this but glad I did so. Although it's a short song, it's typical monkeys with its catchy guitar riffs and lyrics heavily laden with that Sheffield accent. Easy to do and maybe one to do again (probably if I do an all AM song night!). do-again-rating: 6/10

Gym Class Heroes - Cupids Chokehold - Loving this track at the moment but probably didn't do it too much justice tonight. It wasn't bad but could be better and I'll probably try it again with the Sunfly version when that comes out. do-again-rating: 5/10

Maximo Park - Our Velocity - I wasn't overly convinced on this track when I first heard it but over time it has grown on me and is now a current favourite of mine. Hats off to Sunfly who've produced a cracking karaoke version of this and it was one of the most enjoyable new songs I've done in quite a while. Definately a keeper and will be done again. do-again-rating: 10/10

Stats are up to date don't forget. Shanias crept into a clear 2nd place (from out of nowhere!) but the Fratellis are still holding strong at the top of the artists leaderboard with their songs being sang 14 times. Scotts still got a very impressive 93% chance (55 different songs out of 59 sung) of singing something he's never done before although surely he's got to run out of songs at some point.....or has he?!?!?

That'll do for now as I've got some more Nod butt to kick in C+C3 but we'll be doing it all again next week as usual. Until then, Roger...over and out.


Well, almost. This is for Scott (templates for T-Shirts):
Right click and save to your pc. The first one is a totally blank canvas with the background set to transparent. The second one is the same one I used on the T-Shirt I was wearing last week so that you can see the sort of scale you need to use. Give me a shout on anything you're stuck on. I'm on MSN pretty much all the time ;)

No comments: