Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Karaoke - 17 May 2007

Oops, a bit late this week but it's just been one of those weeks where I've just been distracted with others things.

Still, here now and to make up for it here is, as promised, Sue & Mike "performing" Mikas Grace Kelly. Note to Sue: See, no You Tube ;)



I've got some other bits and bobs lying around that may make it up here sometime soon too. I won't be using Google video again though as it took nearly a week for that video to get processed. You Tube videos are usually up within an hour or so!

I thought I'd lost the tickets with the songs on his week but fortunately found them at the bottom of my inside coat pocket. This is how I write the songs down each week, on the back of slip tickets:



Given that it's nearly a week since the karaoke night I may have a couple of them wrong. A couple I'm not sure of are the very bottom left one which I have marked as 'Most Beautiful Wrong' which I've assumed is 'The Most Beautiful Girl In The World' as I think I vaguely remember that being sung. Also 'Memphis' in the middle right of the first ticket. I'm sure it wasn't Walking In Memphis so have gone for Chuck Berrys Memphis although to be honest, considering I just put Morrisey for one of the songs it could quite frankly be anything! Beer was playing it's part it has to be said!

So, correct me if I'm wrong, but here's this[last] weeks songs:
  • Others: Robbie Williams - Angels
  • Scott: Electric Light Orchestra - Turn To Stone
  • Others: Motorhead - Ace Of Spades
  • Shaun: Garth Brooks - Ain't Goin' Down Till The Sun Comes Up
  • Others: Englebert Humperdinck - After The Lovin'
  • Others: Englebert Humperdinck - The Most Beautiful Girl In The World
  • Others: Fleetwood Mac - Little Lies
  • Tina & Hayley: Britney Spears - I Love Rock N Roll
  • Others: Johnny Cash - San Quentin
  • Scott: Dave Edmunds - Girls Talk
  • Others: The Smiths - This Charming Man
  • Shaun: The Fray - How To Save A Life
  • Others: Jam - Going Underground
  • Others: Billy Joel - Just The Way You Are
  • Others: Alannah Myles - Black Velvet
  • Others: Bobby Darin - Beyond The Sea
  • Tina & Hayley: Macy Gray - I Try
  • Others: Bob Dylan - Just Like A Woman
  • Others: Girls Aloud - Love Machine
  • Shaun & Andy: Sugarhill Gang - Rappers Delight
  • Scott: Def Leppard - Hysteria
  • Others: Billy Paul - Me & Mrs Jones
  • Others: Diana Ross - Chain Reaction
  • Others: Zoe Birkett - Get Happy
  • Others: Bobby Darin - Clementine
  • Others: Chuck Berry - Memphis
  • Scott: Rod Stewart - I Don't Want To Talk About It
  • Others: John Travolta & Olivia Newton-John - Summer Nights
  • Tina & Hayley: Eurythmics - Sweet Dreams

** NEW SONGS **

Garth Brooks - Ain't Goin' Down Till The Sun Comes Up - I said I'd have a go once I'd heard it a few times and so I did. I'd never really paid any attention to this song until I'd heard Andy have a crack at it a few times and have to say it's grown on me quite a lot. Was fun to do on the karaoke too and I thought it went ok. I'll definately be having another go at it sometime, probably on a Tuesday when it's country night ;) do-again-rating: 9/10

The Fray - How To Save A Life - Another songs that had avoided my attention for a while for some unknown reason. I really like this song and despite being a little low on the verses it was very enjoyable to sing. Another keeper! do-again-rating: 8/10

Sugarhill Gang - Rappers Delight - It's not often that you see me and Andy on the mic at the same time, but after saying on Tuesday that I would give this a go with him, Andy was not about to let me off making good on that promise. And I'm glad he didn't!! Was great fun to do , although I must apologise as in my drunken state I veered off slightly into the NWA version of lyrics "if that b*tch starts f**king up, I'll just f**k her friend" as I actually knew that version BEFORE I'd even heard the original! I think that Andy and I will be doing this one again on a quiet night :) do-again-rating: 7/10


There's no karaoke with Andy this week unfortunately as he's swanned off to the Costa Del Sol, or somewhere abroad anyway, and I'm not aware of anyone covering for him. I'll be taking a trek up on the off chance that there might be some entertainment on but not counting on it.

I'm sure I'll find something else to blog about though. Maybe. Possibly...

Until then, Sia Nara

No comments: